Posts for: March, 2017
According to the American College of Prosthodontists, 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. Luckily, you can replace your missing tooth or teeth while keeping your smile’s aesthetic properties intact. Learn more about tooth replacement options with Dr. Bianca Chan McWilliams at Solaris Dental Health in Chandler, AZ.
What are my options in Chandler for replacing my missing teeth?
Replacing your missing teeth can seem like a daunting task. However, with several options to choose from, you can find the best procedure for you and your teeth. Some common tooth replacement options include the following if you are:
- …missing all of your teeth: Dentures are a good option for individuals who have lost all of their teeth. A full denture replaces your entire arch of teeth. Dentures can also replace most of the teeth on the arch with a partial denture. This style allows your remaining teeth to fit through the denture to blend into your new smile and secure the denture in place.
- …missing a few of your teeth: Dental implants are a great option for replacing multiple teeth, especially if the patient has several missing teeth in a row. The implant, surgically placed into the jawbone beneath the missing tooth, stands alone and fills in your gap permanently. One implant on either side of a dental bridge of prosthetic teeth can replace a row of missing teeth.
- …missing one or more teeth: A dental bridge, attached to the healthy teeth surrounding your gap, can replace a single tooth. The bridge, which has three prosthetic teeth in a row, fits into your smile to fill in your gap. A dental implant can also replace a single tooth, not requiring any surrounding healthy teeth on which to attach.
How can replacing my teeth help my smile?
Missing teeth can take a toll on your smile. The teeth may shift or move to compensate for your gap. This occurrence affects your mouth’s bite, which can also affect chewing, swallowing and even speaking. Additionally, missing teeth cause bone atrophy, causing complications like premature aging or sagging facial skin if left untreated.
For more information on tooth replacement options, please contact Dr. Chan McWilliams at Solaris Dental Health in Chandler, AZ. Call (480) 802-6617 to schedule your appointment today!
Learn about cosmetic dentistry from your Chandler dentist.
Some of the most magnetic people have magnetic smiles that they're proud to flash at any and every opportunity. Many weren't born with those perfect teeth—they got some help from a dentist. It's time that you give yourself a smile that you can feel confident about with the help of Dr. Bianca Chan McWilliams. She offers a range of treatments at her Chandler, AZ, cosmetic dentistry office.
The Power of a Confident Smile
You may not realize how powerful your smile is and how it can affect how you navigate your life. For instance, when posing for pictures, do you smile wide or hide your teeth? When meeting new people in professional and social engagements, do you hesitate to smile or avoid talking to them for too long? Having confidence in your smile can make you more relaxed, motivate you, improve your social encounters and even have a positive effect on your overall health.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Dr. McWilliams specializes in giving her patients smiles that function optimally and also look amazing. Explore these treatments at her Chandler dentist office:
- Professional teeth whitening (Zoom! system).
- Porcelain veneers (for covering imperfections).
- Six Month Braces and Invisalign (for tooth alignments).
- Removable dentures (partial and complete).
- Cosmetic bonding and contouring (an inexpensive way of reshaping your smile).
Once you’re finally confident in your smile, it’s important to do everything possible to keep it looking good. Here are some smile maintenance tips:
- Use a fluoride whitening toothpaste that’s recommended by your dentist.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of flossing and gargling with mouthwash in addition to brushing.
- If you have a retainer after an orthodontic treatment, wear it every night to ensure your teeth keep their position.
- Visit Dr. McWilliams office for professional cleanings, whitening treatments and checks on your dental restorations/devices periodically.
Call to Talk about Your Smile
Make time to schedule an appointment with Dr. McWilliams at Solaris Dentistry to have a conversation about your smile. Call (480) 802-6617 today to schedule an appointment at her Chandler, AZ cosmetic dentistry office.