Signs That You Should Visit Our Cosmetic Dentist Office
As a cosmetic dentist, the services and solutions we provide are vast. We understand that part of maintaining a healthy smile is enjoying your smile. We have found that when our patients do not like how their smile looks, they are less inclined to care for their teeth. However, people who love their smile tend to practice better oral hygiene, visit our office more regularly, and take steps to prevent damage. Just like people are more likely to wash a new car, they are more likely to brush beautiful teeth. This makes it important to take the steps to correct any challenges you have with your smile, so it can be healthy and beautiful. If you have any of these issues, call our office and schedule a consultation.
- Dull smile. Teeth tend to become yellow and dull with age. Whether they have been stained from years of smoking, drinking too much coffee, or using soy sauce does not matter. We can improve the appearance of teeth using our teeth whitening procedure. Our professional-grade solution is placed on the teeth and penetrates the enamel, so the deep discoloration and stains can be eliminated. This is done through the process of oxidization, where the molecules inside of your teeth are made to reflect less light and appear colorless.
- Gaps in between teeth. As a cosmetic dentist, we can close unsightly gaps in between your teeth. We have several solutions for doing so, including dental bonding, dental veneers, and dental crowns. We know you can do this using orthodontics, but braces or aligners take some time to work. You could be using these solutions for six months to two years. If you have several issues or a misaligned jaw, this is worth it. However, if you only have a gap or two, you should consider using a cosmetic dentistry solution instead.
- Damaged teeth. If your teeth are damaged, you can visit a general dentist or a cosmetic dentist. The benefit of visiting our office is that we can complete a restoration in a way that is entirely natural-looking. This is important for your appearance and for your health. If you leave a cracked or chipped tooth exposed, bacteria can enter the tooth and begin to infect it. This can create the need for additional procedures, something that can be prevented by getting an immediate restoration.
- Sensitive teeth. Teeth can become sensitive due to damage and erosion. For example, if you chip a tooth, you could need an inlay or a dental crown. If the enamel has eroded slightly, dental bonding might solve the problem. We can examine your teeth, take x-rays, and determine the cause of your sensitivity before presenting you with a durable and natural-looking solution.
- Crooked teeth. If you have crooked teeth and want to change their position, orthodontics is your best solution. However, if you want a faster alternative, we can change the appearance of crooked teeth using dental veneers. This way, they will appear to be straight.
For more information on any of these procedures, call and schedule a consultation.